Taipei Hernia Center
Physician Alpha(Din-Yu) Lin
- Founder of “Joshua Healthcare Co., Ltd.”
- Experience of more than 20,000 hernia repair surgery cases.
- The unique “The Integrative Hernioplasty®“: uses natural tissue to repair hernia and reduce the use of foreign implants.
- Healing patients with hernias from more than 40 countries.
- Natural tissue repairs hernia, reduces the use of mesh and avoids foreign implants that cause foreign body sensation or rejection.
- Minimally invasive small incisions, only about 2-4 cm, allow quick recovery and reduce scarring.
- Most patients can be discharged from the hospital and can be discharged about six hours after surgery.
- Local anesthesia is used in combination with sedation and sleep to reduce the risk and side effects of general anesthesia.
- No need of urinary catheters after surgery. Patients can get out of bed or eat after waking up.
- The real cure: 3D stereo muscle suture repair allows patients to return to normal activities after surgery.
- Low recurrence rate: only 0.2%
Comparison between traditional hernia surgery and new minimally invasive surgery
|Features||New minimally invasive hernia surgery||Traditional methods|
|Anesthesia risk||Local anesthesia + intravenous sedation|
Local anesthesia is only required for the surgical site,
and the safety is higher than regional and general anesthesia.
Intravenous sedation is administered during surgery,
and patients can sleep comfortably during the surgery.
|Traditional surgery requires regional or general anesthesia,|
and the risk of anesthesia is high,
especially in those with advanced age and poor
|Recurrence rate||0.2%，low recurrence rate||The recurrence rate for traditional tissue repair method is about 5-10%,|
2-3% for mesh repair,
and 3-7% for laparoscopic hernia repair.
|Surgical incision||Minimal incision||The size of the wound for the traditional tissue repair|
method and artificial omental patch technique is
about 5-10 cm while the size of the wound for
endoscopic surgery is about three 1-2 cm incisions.
|Foreign implants||Most surgeries do not need implantation of foreign|
objects (reducing the permanent implantation of
foreign artificial omentum).
|In about 95% of traditional surgeries,|
foreign objects are used for reconstruction.
|Length of stays||Day surgery
→Recovery time is fast
|Traditional surgery requires hospitalization for 2-3|
Must fast for 8 hours after surgery.
Must lie down for 8 hours after surgery.
Ten to twenty percent of patients may have to have a
Discharged the next day or two days after surgery.
Strenuous exercise can be done three months after
|Surgical pain||Painless or low degree of pain||Traditional postoperative:|
Low to moderate degree of pain
|Complications||Very few||Depends on the situation|